I Miss Flowers!

Thursday, March 10, 2011

This post is long overdue, since The Treasured Petal doesn't exactly exist anymore :( and this wedding was featured on Wedding Chicks over 6 weeks ago... but I can't resist posting some of my favorite images.  It's weddings like this one that make me miss flowers so much!   I haven't even touched a flower in so long.  I ordered special rose bushes from England a year ago to plant along my garden arbor this Winter.  When they arrived just weeks after Siena's birth, I didn't even have the energy to plant them.  They still sit unopened in the box, probably dead.  The arbor hasn't been assembled either.  Double fail! 


Sarah and Steve are a sweet and stylish couple who were married at the Pasadena City Hall last Spring. 
Spring is almost here again, and their sunshiney palette and quirky carefree florals are gearing me up for daffodil season.  Can't wait!   


A gorgeous bout, crafted by my assistant.  I seriously had the best designers, hands down. 

The two types of centerpieces were a perfect compromise between Sarah's taste for short, compact arrangements, and her mom's liking for grandiose sprays of flowers.
Chunks of driftwood adorned with clusters of flowers lined the head table. 

Floral Design: The Treasured Petal
Wedding Planner:  Events of Love and Splendor
Photographer: Jerry Yoon Photographers
Venue: Pasadena City Hall
Makeup: Kelly Zhang
Hair: Kelly Zhang
Cake/Desserts: Cake Sensations
Caterer: The Kitchen for Exploring Foods
DJ: Ian Gotler – Red Shoe LA
Shoe Designer: www.christianlouboutin.com 
 




4 comments:

Rachel March 11, 2011 at 9:39 AM  

I loved this one, Kris! I'm not surprised that you're missing flowers after a few months away!

christina {simply modern weddings} March 16, 2011 at 2:01 AM  

such beautiful floral on this one krissy!!

AutumnsFancy March 16, 2011 at 8:30 AM  

This is so gorgeous Kris! Don't let all that talent go to waste...use it on yourself! You deserve a pretty bouquet for your house.

Unknown April 10, 2011 at 1:40 AM  

This is so beautiful!! I know that you had mentioned you went to school to become a florist. I was wondering what school you attended?

Post a Comment