Instafriday 1/6/12

Friday, January 6, 2012

life rearranged


Linking up with Life Rearranged for another instafriday, where I unload my cell phone pics from the week. A very baby-saturated and craft-saturated week. 

At Barnes and Noble Jr., playing with the big kids, wearing her lily pad headband.
 Joe must always spike Siena's hair after her bath with baby oil. It's part of the night night routine.

 I decided to tackle my sewing machine insecurities and make a few things outside my comfort zone.  This pleated pillow turned out pretty cute, despite having to take it apart and put it back together a few times. I'm too "artistic" (read: impatient) to measure anything out, so I just eyeball it.  Sometimes it works, and somethings it goes horribly wrong.

 Baby feet covered in backyard mud (not poop.)
 More pillows in the making.

 Gossip at the water cooler...
 It came!  I'm thinking it will revolutionize the way I craft for business and pleasure, although I'm too intimidated to actually use it yet.  I just want the first project to be special :)
Thanks Auntie Christine for the piggy hat!
This weekend, I'll be a craft ninja, finishing up all the decor for my best friend's baby shower next week, and brainstorming for Siena's puppy themed party!

3 comments:

Jodi@ underthegeorgiasun.com January 6, 2012 at 9:27 AM  

ohhh... I got my Cameo for Christmas and I LOVE it!!! I've just been doing small projects to work my way up to bigger ones. So much fun!!

LOVE your pillows and your baby is ADORABLE!!!

Have a happy weekend!

Rachel January 6, 2012 at 11:16 AM  

Is she brushing her own teeth in that post-shower pic? So sweet!

I'm so sad that I can't make the shower next week - will be looking forward to seeing the pictures. And I'll be thinking of you girls!

Kristin @ Petal and Thorn January 6, 2012 at 2:13 PM  

Rachel- aww, i'm so sad you can't come. and yes, she's brushing her teeth as best she can, but it's more like chewing on the bristles and slurping up the toothpaste.

Post a Comment