Instafriday 3/2/2012

Friday, March 2, 2012

life rearrangedAnother week flew by!  Here are some snippets.

We attended a birthday party. It's pretty surreal attending so many kids' parties! Having a baby has now secured our spot on the baby A list.
 As the kids strung fruit loop necklaces, Sisi watched them intently.  I wanted to see what she'd do with her necklace kit, and was prepared to let her eat her first sugary cereal (since it was a special occasion). Didn't even TRY them. She's never seen food that looks like that. I was secretly relieved :)
 The party was book themed- super cute.

 I got brave and tried the turban-esque head-scarf look.  I like it :)
 True coffee connoisseurs like my hubby need seltzer water to cleanse the palate before partaking (rolls eyes).
 The best part of the week:  we received a package of adorably fobby baby clothes and toys from my beloved aunt in South Korea.  We lost touch after my dad died, but we found her address in a stack of  my dad's papers.  I send out a care package, crossing my fingers that it would get to her, and it did.  I almost cried happy tears when the mailman delivered this.  I miss her so much!
 Now Sisi has something to remind her that she's Korean. 
 A super yummy paleo meal- Roman chicken, bacon-wrapped asparagus, and duck fat sweet potato fries.  Yes, I'm actually slowly but steadily losing weight on this high-fat diet.  Hard to believe!
 A geometric colorblocked headband .  I designed it with Siena in mind, but honestly think I could pull this off with a white T and jeans.

Ghost bride?

 Whipped up some orders for the etsy shop, including this hair pin, which is still one of my favorite things to make.
 I like big butts!
 Jasmine blooming next to lemongrass in our courtyard.
 Margarita- pink and sweet, just how I like them. 

2 comments:

Melissa March 2, 2012 at 11:58 AM  

I like big butts, too! (And now that song's stuck in my head... ha ha). What a cool thing to receive the care package from Korea. So special! (Hello! Stopping by from Life Rearranged.) Have a great weekend!

Sarah March 2, 2012 at 3:26 PM  

The turban headband looks great on you! I remember going out of my way to not go to kids birthday parties unless it was for a family member. Now that I have a kid I go, but it's way more fun now since I enjoy it due to Samantha. It's funny how the little things that make our kids happy make us as parents ecstatic.

- Sarah
http://agirlintransit.blogspot.com

Post a Comment