Instafriday 3/30/12

Thursday, March 29, 2012

life rearranged

A decadent dinner at Ruth's Chris Steakhouse.
bread and butter, hold the bread
sweet and froufy drink with strawberry, raspberry, basil
A night at the opera to see the famed Renee Flemming.  I'm not an opera buff like my sis, but her voice is a spectacular instrument.  Didn't even wear a microphone.


Renee Flemming in concert- magnificent!

 Baby play date with Aime at my fav coffee shop, Portola Coffee Lab.
 
 I splurged on this candle specifically to light while doing taxes.  I get really stressed out talking to Turbotax's clueless support staff for hours over glitches in the software. I'll never get those hours of my life back.
 BUT they are done, and our refund is the exact amount of my remaining student loan which means: a)  the govt is taking way too much of joe's paycheck each month and we need to fix that.  b) WE'RE DEBT FREEEEEE (except the house, of course). huge moment!  monumental!
 Paleo dinner- crab stuffed portabello mushrooms, butternut squash cooked in bacon, and pear-glazed pork tenderloin.
 The first lily to crack open.
 Sisi enjoying her sweet potato and cheeseburger.  I sometimes get jealous of her lunches, they are so good.

 I don't shy away from color when dressing my little one. The brighter the better! :)

9 comments:

Rachel March 29, 2012 at 3:27 PM  

Congratulations!!!!

We are doing our taxes tomorrow. I'm terrified. First year filing married!

Sarah March 29, 2012 at 4:16 PM  

Oh my goodness that pom pom click is just too cute. I may have to try that =)

- Sarah
A Girl In Transit

courtney toney March 29, 2012 at 10:43 PM  

I am jealous of your first two outings. What an exciting week!

I think I gave Sisi that poofy clip thing :) I love that you dress in such bright clothes. It's not as easy to do that with boys...

Kristin @ Petal and Thorn March 30, 2012 at 9:52 AM  

Courtney- Yes! You gave me a pair of light pink clips, and then i went to natty bratty's etsy store (http://www.etsy.com/shop/nattybratty) and bought a bunch of them. they are a crazy cute addition to any outfit. i don't see them in her shop anymore though :(

Christi March 30, 2012 at 1:01 PM  

Oh my goodness, Sisi is too cute!! I'm hoping I get to dress a little girl someday, and I will not hold back on the color either :) Yaay for being debt free!! Congrats, that is huge!

April March 30, 2012 at 5:21 PM  

Brought here from Insta-Friday! Debt free! That is amazing! I am working on it this year. Glad to hear someone made it happen.

Shannon B March 30, 2012 at 7:54 PM  

Congrats on being debt free!! Great feeling, huh??? :)

Cindy March 31, 2012 at 4:35 PM  

Congrats! that's definitely worth celebrating!

Unknown April 3, 2012 at 1:56 PM  

yay for play dates! =) and congrats on getting school loans done...that is our goal too.

Post a Comment