Instafriday 4/13/12

Thursday, April 12, 2012

life rearrangedLinking up with Life Rearranged for another Instafriday show and tell!

Relatively speaking, I'd say this was a pretty exciting week!

On Saturday, I attended a very girly bridal shower for my good friend Marysia. 

Yum! Look at that spread. (I totally broke my diet that day because I cannot resist quiche and funfetti cake.)



Easter started off with a wonderful church service and brunch at my house afterward.



We started with sangrias (thanks Courtney for the recipe!)
 .
And the menu included sweet potato au gratin, Italian sausage, and paleo frittata.

Mint sprigs and garden roses on the mantle.


Siena and I did some shopping.  This picture was taken 2 minutes before I got my first ever bee sting.  Ouuuuuch.

Just hanging out... (thanks Rachel for that tunic!!!)
And the most exciting event this week, by far...
OH NO SHE DIDN'T!*


OH YES I DID!

*The bumpit is an "As Seen On TV" product that adds a nice little poof to your hair.  I found that the smaller bumpit (see picture above) looks fairly natural, especially when I put my hair in a ponytail after.  I did have to tease my hair a bit with the included comb, but didn't use any hairspray like the directions called for, and it stayed in just fine.  And I have slick/straight/thin half-asian hair.  I give it a thumbs up!  Warning:  the larger bumpit makes you look like an alien.  There is no reason to sport a bump that big unless it's on your tummy and you're 9 months pregnant.  I got my bumpits on amazon for really cheap.

P.S. I do like nifty hair inventions.  I have the perfect bun twisty thing and am really tempted to buy the tony tail because I can never get my hair wrapped around the elastic nicely.  I also had the topsy tail in 3rd grade.  Remember those? I just noticed the other day that they still sell those in drug stores!

5 comments:

Rachel April 12, 2012 at 4:16 PM  

Your paleo Easter brunch looks like it turned out perfectly!

I also looooove weird hair gadgets. So sad that I got rid of my perfect bun gadget during a move. I used to use that thing all the time!

Sarah April 12, 2012 at 11:04 PM  

Haha! I love it! You rock that bump it!

- Sarah
agirlintransit.blogspot.com

Kelly April 13, 2012 at 9:11 AM  

Great pictures!

I LOVE LOVE LOVE your post about Good Wife vs. Awesome Wife! :)

Kelly

Joyful Weddings and Events April 13, 2012 at 11:12 PM  
This comment has been removed by the author.
courtney toney April 13, 2012 at 11:13 PM  

I loved the topsy tail! Totally bought one at the OC fair in elementary school... along with a ton of awesome scrunchies.

Glad the sangria turned out well :)

Post a Comment