Instafriday 7/27/2012

Thursday, July 26, 2012

Another week of summer fun! 

Today I was able to articulate to a friend what I love most about being a stay-at-home-mom.  When I was working a job, there was always a sense of being burdened or shackled by it, even if I loved it, because I wanted more time to enjoy life's simple pleasures.  But when I was unemployed,  there was too much time, not enough structure. Grass is always greener, right?

As a SAHM, I'm able to swim in the lake, lay out in the sun, meet friends for coffee, and walk around the mall when most people are stuck in their cubicles.  And yet I don't feel lazy or indulgent, because I'm doing my job, and my day has structure and routine.  Grass is pretty green over here at the House of Brancaleone! 

Tree climbing: Joe is getting in touch with his inner child.
 Storytime at the library- Sisi's butt remains glued to my lap the entire time, but she seems to be loosening up just a little. 
 Yum!  Pork tenderloin cooked with bacon!  Redundant?
 Crafting with texture...
 I bought two pairs of obnoxiously bright boyfriend shorts from Gap.  Super comfy and flattering.  I returned the indigo blue ones because they remind me too much of the ultra-lame culottes (sp?) I was forced to wear in children's choir. 
 Mama and baby in the water again, just like that very first day (she's a lot less slippery now)
 Both Joe and his dad are superb drummers.  Chip off the old block?

Things I'm loving lately:  RAW coconut water (sooo much tastier than pasteurized, and it's naturally pink!), sushi, and wild bouquets with no color scheme or theme whatsoever.

I am pretty sure I'll get the real instagram app next week for my droid.  For some reason, I'm scared to join yet another social media thingy.  I'm not that good at it! Anyway, you should follow me.  I'll update you on that once I take the plunge.

2 comments:

Sarah July 26, 2012 at 6:52 PM  

Loved all these photos. You are lookin good lady =) Those flowers look so pretty. I'll totally follow you once you are on instagram =)

- Sarah
agirlintransit.blogspot.com

Unknown July 26, 2012 at 8:34 PM  

you should totally get instagram - i'll follow you! it is a lot easier than other social media because it is ONLY pictures. at least it's easier for me. =P love those shorts!

Post a Comment