Back from Florida!

Wednesday, March 20, 2013





too much luggage for 3 days.
 I spent last weekend in the Florida Keys attending my cousin Danny's wedding.  Joe stayed back in Cali, so I was a single mommy on this trip (but had lots of help thanks to my mom and bro.)  Sisi was an amazing traveler, so adaptable and content. Both flights were remarkably pleasant!  The main reason we've been traveling so much this past year is because everyone keeps telling us, "Your next one is going to be a little hellion! Just wait!"   So just in case, we're seeing the world now because Sisi's more than happy to tag along.  

We stayed in Islamorada, located right between Miami and Key West, the Southernmost point of the Continental US.
No beach per se at our hotel, but stairs leading into the water (which Sisi liked even better!)


Incredible wedding site.


me, mom, sisi.


 




hated paying 490.00 for her ticket, but the extra room to sprawl out was priceless!

The highlights: 
-Sisi grooved on the dance floor for 2 hours straight, and then planted a big kiss on a little 2 year old boy from Kenya named Seger.
-Wow, the clear blue water in the keys is beautiful.  I'm a big sucker for tropical beaches (already planning our next trip to Mexico!!)
-I broke my diet for fresh baked key lime pie, and it was worth it :)
-We caught up with our sorta crazy family from all over the country and had a blast reminiscing.

The only downside:
I had the song "Kokomo" in my head almost the entire time.

Oh great, it's in my head again :(

Congrats Danny and Carolyn!  Now, back to reality for me and Sisi.  Next trip- Mexico in May :))




9 comments:

Unknown March 20, 2013 at 11:22 AM  

i too hated paying an additional $500 for my LO when we went to asia! but in the end it was totally worth it for the extra space!

Sarah March 20, 2013 at 11:23 AM  

I've always wanted to visit the keys and now your pictures make me want to visit even more!!! I love the picture of her under the hammock? So cute!

Catherine March 20, 2013 at 8:59 PM  

You looked amazing and cute dress.

Freckles Chick March 21, 2013 at 11:36 AM  

"We'll get there fast & then we'll take it slow....." (Sorry, couldn't resist.)

I simply adore how Sisi is such an awesome world traveler!! Baby jackpot, right there. You look gorgeous, mama, love that coral dress.

Where are you headed to in Mexico? We just booked our flight to Costa Rica for the 2 of us next Feb. (Grammy's staying w/ Quinn). The hubby wants to squeeze in some surfing so I might pick your brain!

Kristin @ Petal and Thorn March 21, 2013 at 1:37 PM  

@freckles chick- costa rica just you and the hubs? amazing! we only went to one little town on the carribean side,but if you plan on hitting up the east coast, let me know and I'll give you my notes! we're going to sayulita mexico and i CAN'T WAIT!!!

Rachel March 21, 2013 at 2:49 PM  

You are so gorgeous! Love that dress.

Also, is Sisi learning how to swim already? She looks so comfortable standing in the water!

Kristin @ Petal and Thorn March 21, 2013 at 4:38 PM  

@rachel- nope, no swimming yet! but she was feeling brave that day. she held on tight to the rails and i tried to relax and trust her ;)

Rachel March 22, 2013 at 1:54 PM  

@Kristin - she looks like a natural! Amazing!

Hanna Lo March 23, 2013 at 9:41 PM  

kristin, you're a beautiful mama!! and sisi is soooo cute!

Post a Comment