Siena's First Haircut!

Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Just wanted to share our latest milestone!

I forgot to take a good "before" picture, but this gives an idea.  At a little over 2 years, her hair hit about mid-back, but was uneven all over thanks to "weird infantile hair growth".  I  decided to give her the haircut I've always secretly wanted but could never get away with due to my chubby-ish cheeks and wide-ish nose- a sleek angled bob, shorter in the back and slightly longer in the front.


Sisi was a bit tense the whole time, but thank goodness this kid has no TV at home and was pretty much mesmerized the whole time.  She had her ducky for comfort, and I had also promised her some fruit.  Very easy to please.



Some strange movie about garden gnomes?


A little spritz.

The hairdryer freaked her out big time.


I can't be the only one who isn't planning on keeping the lock of hair, right?  Anyone else think this is grody?  It's like when they gave me the umbilical cord which they had dried out and fashioned into a heart-shape. It looked like turkey jerky.  I felt awful for wanting to throw it away, but turns out the dogs also thought it was turkey jerky, and ate it first. I probably won't save her teeth when they fall out, either.



My baby is really growing up into a beautiful and marvelous little girl.  I couldn't be more proud :)


What do you think of her new 'do?





6 comments:

Buttrphli March 5, 2013 at 10:05 PM  

Ooh I love it! I've always wanted to rock this style too and it always looks much better on kids than adults. :) She looks so much like you. Actually she reallllly looks like your sister!

Rachel March 7, 2013 at 1:56 PM  

So stylish! I love it.

I think my parents saved my sister's hair but not mine. My sister's is in a little picture frame with some hilarious photos of her first cut, so it's actually pretty cute. But no one will care if you don't save it.

D is super grossed out by cut hair! I'm guilty of taking forever to mail my hair donations and just knowing I have a ponytail lying around the apartment somewhere freaks him out.

Kristin @ Petal and Thorn March 7, 2013 at 2:21 PM  

@rach- i tried to throw it out, but i just couldn't. knowing that hair has been on her head since she was a newborn made it too special to throw away at least for now. i pinned it to my bulletin board.

his little lady March 12, 2013 at 3:37 PM  

Oh gosh, what a little cutie! I absolutely adore her little haircut! So perfect!!
xo TJ

Cami March 22, 2013 at 10:04 AM  

Kristin,

I'm enjoying your blog so much! Siena is adorable :)

XOXO
Camisha

Post a Comment