Packing for Mexico!

Tuesday, June 4, 2013




Hola!  I'm feeling pretty refreshed, tan, and super sore from our trip to Sayulita Mexico.  One week with no makeup, no hair products, no jewelry, no bra :) It was so lovely. Our bungalow was a 2 minute walk from the beach and we surfed/swam at least 2 or 3 times a day, so we lived in our bathing suits.  I probably could have packed half as much as I did, but I am proud of the fact that we managed just 1 small suitcase and a few backpacks between the three of us.  I'm getting the hang of packing, finally!


For me:
  • lots of breezy sundresses
  • couple board shorts and tanks 
  • three bathing suits (I'm glad I swapped out the one piece for a bikini at the last minute.  I didn't see a single soul wearing a one-piece in Mexico!  Even the grannies were rocking the two pieces.) 
  •  a sun hat *
  •  one pair of flip flops 
  • my one and only pair of sneakers (never used them!)  
  • Kindle packed with e-books about North Korean politics and decluttering/minimal living (my obsessions of the moment.) 


For sisi:
  • rompers and sundresses
  • bathing suits
  • some toys and books (it's only a 2 hour plane ride, so just a few hot wheels cars, crayons, stickers, and duplo legos)
  • extra shoes and hair bows (can't leave home without a hair accessory :)



Toiletries:
  • Me and Sisi shared the essentials (bug spray, kids' sunscreen, baby shampoo/body wash, aloe vera and coconut oil). 
  • I left my sonicare toothbrush at home, and opted to bring an old school toothbrush and floss. I liked it so much, that I decided to put my sonicare in storage when I got home!
Baby Gear:
  • Ergo backpack (amazed that she still fits in it at over 36 pounds!)
  • diapers and plastic bags for the poopy ones
  • wipes
  • silicone bib
  • a few glass baby food jars, spoons, and a metal bento box for eating on the go.  
Paleo Snackage:
Misc:
  • Contigo water bottles (we just can't live without them!)
  • copies of our passports
  • Sisi's favorite ducky blanket (and a spare one, just in case something tragic happened :)
*Why do I insist on bringing sun hats on my beach vacations?  I have this romantic notion that I'll lounge around luxuriously in a wide-brimmed hat.  I've never ever worn it.  Next time, it stays home.

** The best thing about packing light is how ridiculously easy it is to unpack.  Took me 20 minutes and 1 load of laundry.  I have a strange habit of unpacking IMMEDIATELY when we return, no matter how late it is or how jet-lagged I feel.  Anyone else who can't sleep with a suitcase full of dirty clothes??

I can't wait to share more pics from our trip!  Stay tuned!

1 comments:

Buttrphli June 13, 2013 at 7:44 AM  

Love your photos! Looks so relaxing :)
You're so fit!

Post a Comment