Strawberry Rock Wall Art

Saturday, February 22, 2014



I made piles and piles of strawberry rocks for my friend's "Jamberry" baby shower.  Here they are... 



Now, the minimalist in me knew I should get rid of them after the party.  They are indeed cute, but useless.   I don't like having a lot of tschotskes around the house.  

But I just couldn't bring myself to throw them away.  They make me happy!  I remembergathering the rocks in the garden with Sisi and washing them together with the hosse.  I remember hand-painting each and every one while Sisi proudly painted her own rocks. 

I decided they might make some cute and quirky wall art.  I bought white shadow boxes (one on amazon and two from Ikea) and glue gunned the rocks to cardstock.   That's it!  

These would look adorable hung together as a triptych, but thanks again to my minimalism, I'm trying to embrace the beauty of empty walls.  We hung one up in Sisi's room, and will give the other two to friends. We're spreading the strawberry cheer!  






I just love that particular color of red- red with a hint of fuchsia and coral. Anyone know a good lipstick that color?  

Look at my munchkin all tucked in.

2 comments:

Rachel March 5, 2014 at 11:23 AM  

They're so sweet, Kris! And you can always let them go later on if you get tired of them or if SiSi wants to change things up in her room, since they weren't crazy expensive (obvs, we can let go of pricey purchases as well, but it adds so much guilt, at least for me. This could be disassembled and re-used if you want something different eventually).

We are kind of de facto wall minimalists right now, because we haven't decided how much of our art we can hang without making our place feel tiny. But I think I'm getting used to bare walls and I'm not sure I'll want much on them!

Freckles Chick March 12, 2014 at 7:07 AM  

Minimalist here, too! LOVE that you repurposed these. So sweet, as is Sisi's room. Hey how did she get to be such a tween?!? Feels like she's all of a sudden not a toddler anymore.

xoxo

Post a Comment